Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes, the Sigma Kappa Foundation is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts are tax deductible in the U.S. to the full extent of the law.
Can I make a tax-deductible gift directly to my chapter?
In order for the gift to be tax-deductible, the gift needs to be made directly to the Foundation. If your chapter has established a fund, you can contribute directly to that. If your chapter doesn’t have a fund, we can help establish one. Chapter endowments can be used to provide:
- Academic scholarships for chapter members
- Funding for educational and leadership programming, such as regional leadership conferences and anti-hazing awareness workshops
What is the Federal Tax ID number for the Sigma Kappa Foundation?
The Sigma Kappa Foundation’s Federal Tax ID number is 35-1778450.
What does my gift support?
At the heart of the Sigma Kappa Foundation’s funding priorities is Sigma Kappa’s most treasured asset: her members. Your undesignated gift, as part of the Annual Giving Program, enables the Foundation’s Board of Trustees the flexibility to respond to emerging needs. By Supporting the Heart of Sigma Kappa through the Annual Giving Program, you make possible:
- Access to education through the Scholarship Program
- Alcohol abuse prevention and awareness
- Regional leadership conferences and convention educational speakers/programs
- Leadership Consultant Program
- Promise, a values-based new member education program
- RespeΣKT, an anti-hazing awareness program
- Sigma Kappa Sorority’s educational, leadership and member-development programs
- Upkeep and maintenance of NHQ building
I want to give to a specific program. What are the opportunities for designated giving?
Individuals, chapters, companies and other friends may make gifts to designated endowments and funds that provide support to existing Sigma Kappa Foundation programs & philanthropies. The following programs and funds are existing designated giving opportunities:
- Alumnae Heart Fund
- Alzheimer’s/Gerontology Fund
- Betty Merman Memorial WRGC Educational Endowment
- General Scholarship Endowment
- Leadership Education Endowment
- Maine Sea Coast Mission
- Marion Johnson Frutiger Collegiate Leadership Development Program
- Designated Scholarships
- Sister to Sister Disaster Recovery Fund
If you don’t see a fund or program that interests you, please contact the Sigma Kappa Foundation at (317) 381-5531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility of creating a new endowment.
Will my company or employer match my gift?
Many companies offer matching gift programs for employees who make charitable contributions to qualified nonprofit organizations; click here to see if your company is one of them! Not all matching gift programs are the same, so be sure to check with your company or employer for details.
I want to include the Sigma Kappa Foundation in my will. How can I leave my legacy?
There are many opportunities to leave your legacy with the Sigma Kappa Foundation. You can include language in your will to bequeath a designated dollar amount or percentage to the Foundation, as well as specify a purpose for the funds. Please visit the Gift Planning section of our website to learn more and to complete the Letter of Intent to join the Horizon Society, which recognizes donors with planned gifts. For questions, email email@example.com or contact Foundation staff at (317) 381-5531.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, the Foundation accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Can I make my gift online?
Yes! You can make your gift through our secure donation page today with the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about making a gift.
I don’t want to make my gift online. What are my other options for giving?
You can make a gift by calling (317) 381-5531 or mail your gift to: Sigma Kappa Foundation, Attn: Donor Services Coordinator, 8733 Founders Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268.